The next level of XO fly rods. We wanted to bring out the new generation of XO rods only if we could make significant improvements on the materials. Graphene made this possible. 3 years of testing prototypes and actions lead to the launch of XO Graphene fly rods. With this new material available and with it being the strongest tested material in the world it required a lot of testing and tuning of action. When one of these rods is cast for the first time the difference is noticeble right away. Graphene makes it possible to make stronger rods with less material which results actionwise in unbelievable strength combined with smooth action.
The long #3 weight rods are made especially for Euro nymphing. They feature a down-locking reel seat for better balance, tight spacing of small single leg guides to prevent line sagging for perfect drag free drifts and our tangle free tip with the top guide being double leg snake guide. These 2 models are designed together with some of the best competition anglers in the world.
The 9’ #5 has a slightly softer action compared with the other XO Graphene rods. The action can still be described as medium fast but in the softer spectrum.
We give a rating for the carbon that is used in each of our graphite rods. The higher the number the higher the modulus of the carbon that is used for the rod. The rating is closely related to the tonnage of the carbon in each of the rods. However this is not the whole truth as we use different carbon mixtures to achieve the wanted rod action and also the resins differ from model to model. But this rating is an indication of the main carbon used in the blank. Our premium rods use graphene in the resin and rods are identified by the Graphene logo.
- Medium fast action
- Four piece rods
- Unsanded & unpainted blank for the best action
- Graphene is the strongest tested material in the world
- Novel reel seat design
- Up-locking precision machined aluminium reel seat on #5-#7
- Down-locking precision machined aluminium reel seat on Euro nymphing specific #3 weight rod
- 10’3’’ & 11’4’’ #3 rods are made especially for Euro nymphing
- AAAA Portuguese cork with rubber cork reinforcements
- Patented single leg REC nickel titanium alloy guides
- Titanium stripping guides
- Supplied in a custom aluminium tube with engraved metal end caps together with a cloth bag